Stacy Nash Primitive Designs
6844 Silver Tree Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46236

stacy.nash@att.net


Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A little Christmas decorating


 I can't believe Christmas is just a week away.
And me without a single present wrapped.

The last 2 months have flown by.
I came home from Italy to a family that missed me terribly so I dedicated a little time just for them.  And then I have the studio to think about. I've put it on the back burner since so many other things have been happening.....but, the time has finally come......January 1 the building is all mine.
I've struggled with the name.  There are so many ideas written in my journal but none of them really stood out to me.  I walked the ancient streets in Italy waiting for something to click....but nothing still.  Then, with a stroke of genius my Mom says "why don't you just call it The Studio"
That's what we've been calling it since I found the perfect old brick storefront....so, it just made sense.

~The Studio~

Finally, it has a name.

I can't wait to get in there and play.  But, still it has to be put on hold for just a bit longer.
Spring Market is just around the corner and I have lots of things to stitch and finish.
Lots of things that I'm so excited about....that I can't wait to finish...and some that are still bouncing around in my head.
So....in the mean time I think I'll have the inside painted.
Then in February I'll start filling it with all my favorite things....all the things that inspire me.
And come Spring it will be ready for it's unveiling......The Grand Opening.

Something to look forward to for sure.

I've been asked alot of questions about what the studio is going to be and when is it going to be open.
To be perfectly honest I'm not really sure what it's going to grow into.
First off....the very back of the building is a separate room.  A room that needs a little TLC to be beautiful.  The walls are brick and the floor is cement.  But I can see it.  I can see it's beauty.  
All it needs is a little love and cleaning and a giant, over-the-top  sparkly chandelier : )
This is the room that will hold tables to sit and stitch.....to chat and visit with friends....to sew on....to assemble kits.....and to host classes.  It will be the room where I can have a wall of things and pictures that inspire me.  And I will invite everyone to come and be inspired with me.

The front part of the building has nice big windows and lots of room for cupboards and old mantels and tables and chairs.  And it will be where I can play and decorate and put all the things that I love.  It will be the place that I can fill with antiques and linens and fabrics and candles that smell so good.

I will use the studio as, well....my studio.
But it will be much more than just a studio.
It will be where people can come and be inspired.
To sit and stitch among friends and to relax.

The Studio will not have everyday hours.  I will plan Open Houses throughout the year and I might chose the first or last weekend of every month to be open.  
But, since it's so close to home I will be happy to open it by appointment.

So, stay tuned.....The Studio is a work in progress.

With so many things needing my attention I decided to take a nice simple relaxed approach to Christmas.  Getting back to the basics with decorating and cooking.  And to be honest....it's worked like a charm.  

 Our tree is nice and fresh and holds all of my old glass ornaments.
No garland or tree topper.....just a beautiful tree with all of my favorite ornaments.

And a few paper snowflakes.  Taylor and I got on a kick of cutting paper snowflakes and I got a little carried away.  Maybe it was because we were watching Elf while decorating the tree....no one is sure.
But I even made a cotton ball garland and Taylor made a paper chain for the mantel.
It turned out pretty sweet and we had lots of fun in the process.

 Fresh greenery and berries fill old redware pitchers and bowls.

 Old wool stockings and sweet smelling paperwhites.
We forced paperwhite bulbs in old ironstone bowls.
A wonderful idea thanks to my good friend Maggie.

Simple white candles in glass globes scattered about.

 Oh, and this is one of my newest treasures.
An original painting on an old bookplate from Steve Shelton.
I've been wanting a piece from him for so long and I finally met up with him in Tuscola Illinios.
He is a fantastic artist and this will be treasured for years to come.

And my silly Phoebe. 
I snapped this around Thanksgiving.
She always seems to find her way onto the book I'm trying to read.
Since there's snow on the ground she's a little grumpy that she can't play outside all day.
So she hangs out with me.  She makes a good stitching companion.

To you my friend I wish a blessed Holiday Season

Smiles,
Stacy

15 comments:

Faye said...

I am so excited to hear all about The Studio... Tell me when to buy my place ticket, when the line will forming to go inside.... Inspiration will be gushing from the place... It sounds like absolute heaven... Just as you explained you were dreaming about when we talked at the Dyeing to Stitch retreat..... Your wheels are really turning.... 2014 is going to be an awesome year! We are all behind you~

Faye

Shirlee said...

It looks beautiful! Congratulations!

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Stacy it sounds as if the Studio shall be the absolute perfect of places! Exciting!!

Unknown said...

where is this wonderful studio located ??? would love to visit!! congrats to you on your success and endeavors ! well deserved........Merry Christmas!

Primitive Stars said...

Oh I would love to visit your cozy studio, beautiful, Francine.

Lida said...

I enjoy the things you create and teh things you show us and I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a good, healthy and creative 2014,
Lida

Angie said...

How exciting~congrats! Love all the pics~the tree is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

moosecraft said...

Congrats! "The Studio" is a perfect name! Looking forward to seeing and hearing more about it as your newest creation evolves! Your Christmas decor is peaceful and pretty! Love all the old fashioned treasures... and the book plate is absolutely gorgeous! Merry Christmas!

Lori from Notforgotten Farm said...

cannot wait to visit ~ wishing you everything you've always wanted my Friend!
L

Jean Bee said...

Perfect name!! I think I"ll be planning a road trip for your grand opening! Can't wait to see how you set up your space!

jeanniekay said...

Congratulations on your new venture, "The Studio." Such wonderful and exciting news! I look forward to visiting your shop this summer...can't wait.

I sent you an email a couple of days ago about the Valentine postcards. I understand that you have had some computer issues, so I am wondering if you received it. Please let me know when you have a moment.

Wishing you and your family a very, "Merry Christmas."

Mary Wicks
wicks1822@ameritech.net

Faye said...

Hi Stacy....I've emailed you an order, but don't know if you've gotton the email..... Can you check? It was about a week ago... Thanks Faye.... lriggsbee@nc.rr.com

I hope you're okay......

Radka said...

I have just discovered your lovely blog; and your designs!
I'll be back!
xx

Chris said...

Hi Stacy, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

edie said...

Stacy, where are you? We need to (NEED to) see and here all about market and your new goodies!